Whether you choose to make this Mediterranean pasta salad for an end of summer BBQ or for an easy lunch, one thing’s for sure…
… it’ll be the best Mediterranean pasta salad recipe you’ve ever had!
Between the tangy lemon olive oil dressing, fresh herbs, and rich taste of kalamata olives – you’ll be hooked from the second you taste this pasta salad!
Why you’ll love this Mediterranean pasta salad
It’s the perfect summer pasta salad. A good pasta salad pairs well with nearly all other dishes at a cookout. This pasta salad recipe is no different!
You can make it ahead of time. Similar to other pasta salad recipes, the longer you let this Mediterranean pasta sit the better it’ll taste! Just store it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
It’s tangy and refreshing. Between the dressing, feta cheese, grape tomatoes, and fresh veggies, this pasta salad is both flavorful and refreshing!
To make this Mediterranean pasta salad, you’ll need:
- Pasta – You can use whatever type of pasta you’d like but I used bowtie noodles! As long as you’re using cooked pasta, you’re good. Feel free to use gluten free pasta in place of “regular” pasta as well.
- Red onion – Half of a red onion is used in this Greek pasta salad! Use more if you’d like, but I think half of a red onion is plenty.
- Cherry tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes) are a must have in this dish! But, you can swap them for some sun dried tomatoes if you’d like. Or, just add some sun dried tomatoes in addition to the fresh tomatoes!
- Kalamata olives – I love, love, love adding kalamata olives to my Mediterranean pasta salad. You can also add green olives or stuffed olives in this dish.
- Cucumber – Adds a nice crunch to your Mediterranean pasta salad.
- Feta cheese – As as much or as little feta cheese as you’d like. If you want to keep this Mediterranean pasta salad vegan, keep it out!
- Olive oil dressing – All pasta salads need a delicious dressing! My homemade dressing is made with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and a few spices! Or, just use some store bought Greek salad dressing if you’re in a rush.
- Spices – I used dried mint, oregano, salt and pepper!
That’s really all you need to make this delicious dish! Adding some fresh parsley is recommended too, but not always necessary!
As I’ve said before, this Mediterranean pasta salad recipe is perfect for a summer BBQ but it’s also good for meal prep! Feel free to store it in the fridge for a few days and eat it as often as you’d like.
How to make Mediterranean pasta salad
Cook the pasta until al dente in a large saucepan of generously-salted water according to package directions.
Drain and rinse the hot pasta under cold water for about 30 seconds or until it’s cool to the touch. Then, transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl.
Add the tomatoes, kalamata olives, cucumber, red onion, and feta cheese to the mixing bowl. Drizzle with your lemon olive oil dressing and toss until everything is evenly coated.
Serve immediately, top with additional feta cheese, and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
How should I store my Mediterranean pasta salad?
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
How long will this Mediterranean pasta salad last in the fridge?
You have about three days until this pasta salad starts to get a bit mushy!
Can I add meat to my Mediterranean pasta salad?
Absolutely! Add in some cubed salami, pepperoni, grilled chicken… whatever you’d like!
To keep it vegan (but to up the protein a bit), add some drained garbanzo beans!
Looking for more pasta salad recipes?
I’ve got you covered! Check these out:Print
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
This Mediterranean pasta salad is a summer BBQ staple! It’s bright, tangy, and super refreshing on a hot summer day (and can be customized to your liking)!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup homemade lemon olive oil dressing
- 4 oz Feta cheese
- 1 TSP each: dried mint, oregano, salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta until al dente in a large saucepan of generously-salted water according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse the hot pasta under cold water for about 30 seconds or until it’s cool to the touch. Then, transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, kalamata olives, cucumber, red onion, and feta cheese to the mixing bowl. Drizzle with your lemon olive oil dressing and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, top with additional feta cheese, and enjoy!