If you’re after a quick, easy, and delicious breakfast… these freezer breakfast sandwiches are made for you.
This recipe is perfect for meal prep and can last you almost three months in the freezer. Not only that – these breakfast sandwiches are super customizable! Whether you’re after just an egg sandwich, a turkey sausage or Canadian bacon egg sandwich, or want to add an ungodly amount of sliced cheese and hot sauce to your breakfast sandwiches… with these, you can do it.
Why you’ll love these freezer breakfast sandwiches
Easy to assemble. You’re literally just topping off some homemade (or store bought) english muffins with some sheet pan eggs, cheese slices, and toppings of choice!
Completely customizable. With each sandwich individually wrapped, you’ll have endless breakfast possibilities!
Perfect for meal prep. These freezer breakfast sandwiches stay good for about 2 1/2 months in the fridge if stored in tin foil without any mushy ingredients (AKA avocado, tomato, or even sauce). You want these babies plain and dry if you’re freezing them!
To make these frozen breakfast sandwiches, you’ll need:
- English muffins – A store bought english muffin is great… a homemade english muffin is better.
- Sheet pan eggs – So easy to make! Find my egg bake (AKA sheet pan eggs) recipe here!
- Meat of choice – Feel free to top your make ahead breakfast sandwiches off with breakfast sausage patties, cooked bacon, turkey bacon, or mini nuggets!
- Sauce of choice – IDK about you but Truff Hot Sauce is my go to breakfast sandwich sauce. It’s spicy and compliments the other flavors beautifully.
- Toppings of choice – Cheddar cheese and avocado are two of the most popular toppings I feel! Use what you love <3
That’s all you really need for these make ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches! On that note, I wouldn’t freeze your breakfast sandwiches with avocado (or other mushy toppings).
Instead, I’d freeze my breakfast sandwich with strictly the eggs, meat, and cheese then place any additional toppings (and sauces) on it after it’s warmed through.
How to make freezer breakfast sandwiches
All you really have to do in order to make these freezer breakfast sandwiches is… assemble everything together. Yeah, it’s pretty simple.
However, you do need to either make (or buy) the ingredients. Here’s a quick run down on how to make the sheet pan eggs + english muffins at home!
Making sheet pan eggs
If you’re going to make baked eggs, here’s what you’ll need to have on hand:
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Whisk all ingredients in a large bowl, then pour the egg mixture onto your prepared sheet pan.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the baked eggs have completely set.
Making homemade english muffins
To make your own english muffins, you’ll need to have the following:
- Milk + water
- Cornmeal or semolina
- Active dry yeast
- Olive oil
Combine the milk, water, sugar, and yeast in a large glass measuring cup and allow the yeast mixture to get frothy. Pour it into a large mixing bowl along with the flour and yogurt. Stir with a wooden spoon until a shaggy dough forms, then use your hands to knead the dough.
Rest the dough for 5 minutes then sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal and, with a biscuit cutter, cut 1 inch rounds out. Place on the baking sheet and let rise for an hour. Bake in a cast iron pan for 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Putting it all together
Once you have your baked eggs and english muffins, you have pretty much everything you need to make your freezer breakfast sandwiches!
Assemble your breakfast sandwiches by opening an english muffin, placing an egg round on top along with some sliced cheddar cheese, avocado, Canadian bacon, breakfast sausage, or whatever you have on hand. Heat in a toaster oven and enjoy!
Alternatively, you can assemble your breakfast sandwiches with just the egg, meat, and cheese (or whatever you’d like on it) without the toppings or sauce. Freeze each sandwich individually in some tin foil for up to two and a half months and heat when you’re ready to eat!
Frequently asked questions
How should I store my freezer breakfast sandwiches?
I store my freezer breakfast sandwiches in aluminum foil! I’ll only ever store them in plastic wrap if I want them in a few hours (or the next day).
Don’t wrap your frozen breakfast sandwiches in plastic wrap or you risk freezer burn!
How should I warm my freezer breakfast sandwiches?
Remove your freezer breakfast sandwich from the aluminum foil and warm on a paper towel in a toaster oven, microwave, or oven in general!Print
Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Breakfast made simple. No, truly… these make ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches take no time to put together and will last you almost 2 1/2 months in the freezer. You’re welcome!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Homemade english muffins (store bought works, too)
- Sheet pan eggs
- Sauce of choice
- Toppings of choice
- Assemble your breakfast sandwiches by opening an english muffin, placing an egg round on top along with some sliced cheddar cheese, avocado, Canadian bacon, breakfast sausage, or whatever you have on hand. Heat in a toaster oven and enjoy!
- Alternatively, you can assemble your breakfast sandwiches with just the egg, meat, and cheese (or whatever you’d like on it) without the toppings or sauce. Freeze each sandwich individually in some tin foil for up to two and a half months and heat when you’re ready to eat!