Hiiii guys – not only am I sharing this delicious lemon pepper chicken recipe with ya’ll today, I have some exciting news to share…
… I created a lemon pepper spice blend!
One of my favorite spice companies (Selefina Spices) reached out to me to see if I wanted to collaborate to make a spice blend and, of course, I said yes!
I knew I had to make a lemon pepper blend as most of the time, store bought lemon pepper seasoning doesn’t have quite enough flavor for me. Now, I never have to worry about that again.
If you’d like to support my spice blend, you can buy it here – I appreciate all the love it’s gotten so far (and am so thankful to everyone who’s already purchased it). I hope it makes you as happy as it makes me 🙂
Why you’ll love this lemon pepper chicken
It’s incredibly flavorful. Not to toot my own horn (jk, toot toottttt) this lemon pepper chicken is so flavorful thanks to my lemon pepper seasoning. It’s more flavorful than any other lemon pepper chicken I’ve had.
It’s super easy to make. Made entirely in a skillet in less than 25 minutes, this is one of those “I can definitely make this after a busy day at work” type of meal.
It can be paired with so many side dishes. Whether you pair it with pasta, veggies, or potatoes one thing’s for sure… it goes well with everything!
To make this lemon pepper chicken, you’ll need:
- Chicken – Use thinly sliced chicken breast or chicken thighs for this lemon pepper chicken recipe.
- Lemon pepper seasoning – The key to this lemon pepper chicken! You can’t make this dish without my lemon pepper seasoning.
- Lemon juice – Freshly squeezed lemon juice is best!
- Olive oil & butter – For pan frying.
- Vegetable broth – Used to deglaze the pan.
- Asparagus – One of my favorite veggies to serve with lemon pepper chicken! Feel free to swap it with something else if you’re not the biggest fan of asparagus.
If you’d like, you can use a bit of heavy cream to make this a creamy lemon pepper chicken dish – but it’s not needed at all!
Feel free to top this lemon pepper chicken with some fresh parsley, serve it with some pasta, or swap the asparagus with green beans (or your favorite vegetable)!
How to make the best lemon pepper chicken
First, thinly slice your chicken breasts and use a meat mallet to pound them thin. In a medium sized bowl, add some olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and lemon pepper seasoning. Whisk until combined then add the chicken and toss to coat.
In a large cast iron skillet, add the butter and olive oil. Once melted, add the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and deglaze the pan with some additional freshly squeezed lemon juice and vegetable broth.
Add the asparagus to the skillet. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until it’s softened. Add the chicken back to the cast iron skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes (or until the chicken has absorbed most of the broth).
Top with additional lemon slices, serve, and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
How long will lemon pepper chicken last?
Leftovers will last up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
I’d only use thinly sliced, boneless chicken breasts or thighs in this lemon pepper chicken.Print
Lemon Pepper Chicken
This lemon pepper chicken is the most flavorful chicken I have ever had… thanks to a very special ingredient. Not only that, it’s made in one pan in less than 25 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 TBSP olive oil, divided
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 1/2 TBSP lemon pepper seasoning
- Fresh asparagus
- First, thinly slice your chicken breasts and use a meat mallet to pound them thin.
- In a medium sized bowl, add 2 TBSP olive oil, 1/2 a freshly squeezed lemon, and lemon pepper seasoning. Whisk until combined then add the chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large cast iron skillet, add the butter and remaining olive oil. Once melted, add the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and deglaze the pan with the other 1/2 of the freshly squeezed lemon juice and vegetable broth.
- Add the asparagus to the skillet. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until it’s softened. Add the chicken back to the cast iron skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes (or until the chicken has absorbed most of the broth).
- Top with additional lemon slices, serve, and enjoy!