If I had to pick a dressing that I gravitate towards the most, it would definitely be this lemon olive oil dressing purely because it’s so much more than a salad dressing.
I’ve used it on grilled chicken, pasta salads, tossed salads… it goes with so many dishes!
This lemon olive oil dressing is made with minimal ingredients, comes together in less than 5 minutes, and has a bright, citrus flavor that you’re sure to love!
How to use this lemon olive oil dressing
Use it in tossed salads. The most obvious use here – use this on your favorite salad for a flavor boost.
Use it in pasta salads. I use this dressing in my Mediterranean pasta salad and I’ll never use anything else. It’s great in pasta salads that don’t require a mayo base!
Drizzle it over roasted veggies. This lemon olive oil dressing is so tasty when drizzled over roasted broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and more!
Use as a marinade. Pour this lemon olive oil dressing over some chicken and place in the fridge for two + hours. The flavor will be amazing!
To make this lemon olive oil dressing, you’ll need:
- Lemons – For this recipe, I used two freshly squeezed lemons. I highly recommend squeezing them yourself rather than buying lemon juice. The flavors are much better when fresh!
- Extra virgin olive oil – Make sure you use a top notch olive oil for your dressing!
- Red wine vinegar – Adds a bit more flavor.
- Honey or maple syrup – I typically use honey when I make my dressing, but maple syrup is a great swap!
- Spices – Dried oregano, salt, pepper, and red chili flakes are used in this lemon olive oil dressing. Feel free to add or omit as you see fit.
- Garlic – I love using freshly minced garlic – fresh is typically always best!
And that’s all you need to make this amazing lemon olive oil dressing. It’s flavorful, bright, and works with so many dishes!
I typically always have this dressing in my fridge – it’s that good.
How to make lemon olive oil dressing
First, juice the lemon and mince the garlic. Then place into a medium sized bowl along with the red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
While whisking, slowly add in the extra virgin olive oil. Place into a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid or a glass sauce bottle. Enjoy!
Pro tip: Using freshly squeezed lemon juice is best for this dressing! If you’re after a good juicer, I’d recommend the Zulay Kitchen Metal Lemon Squeezer or the OXO Good Grips Small Citrus Juicer. I have (and love) both!
Frequently asked questions
Have a question not answered below? Feel free to leave a comment and I’ll answer it ASAP!
Can I swap the lemon for another citrus?
Yes! Oranges, limes, or even grapefruit would be amazing in this dressing. Grapefruit is a personal favorite swap of mine (though if you’re not a fan of bitter flavors, you may want to add a bit more honey).Print
Lemon Olive Oil Dressing
This lemon olive oil dressing is perfect for pasta salads, marinades, and traditional salads! It’s made with simple ingredients and comes together in no time at all.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBSP dried oregano & red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- First, juice the lemon and mince the garlic. Then place into a medium sized bowl along with the red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- While whisking, slowly add in the extra virgin olive oil. Place into a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid or a glass sauce bottle. Enjoy!