There’s nothing more rewarding than making your own food from scratch. Take, for instance, these sweet biscuits. They require little ingredients, take less than 30 minutes to make, and can be used in a multitude of recipes (my favorite one being strawberry shortcake)!
I’m thrilled to share this recipe with you guys and hope you love it as much as I do ♡
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Heavy cream
I’m willing to bet that you have most (if not all) of these ingredients in your house right now, so what are you waiting for?! Let’s make some sweet biscuits.
How to make sweet biscuits
First, you’ll need to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and set to the side.
Add all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Then, cut your butter into cubes and add to the flour mixture. Here, you can use a pastry fork (or your hands) to crumble the butter into small, pea-sized pieces.
Then, pour in the heavy cream and combine with a wooden spoon – but make sure you do not over mix! You want the biscuit dough to be a bit shaggy.
Using your hands or a large cookie dough scoop, form the biscuits and place them on your prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. These biscuits look much better when you freeform them, so don’t worry about making them into perfect circles.
Bake the sweet biscuits for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool on the baking sheet before serving, then enjoy!
I highly recommend pairing these with butter and jam or strawberry shortcake!
Looking for more biscuit recipes? Check out my homemade buttermilk biscuits here!
Freezing & storing sweet biscuits
When stored at room temperature, these biscuits will keep for about three days. Make sure you cover them with foil, cling wrap, or inside of a ziploc bag to prevent them from drying out!
If you store them in the refrigerator, they’ll keep for about one week. Freezing these sweet biscuits will prolong their life by two to three months.
Regardless on how you plan on storing them, I’ve found that a ziploc bag works the best!Print
How to Make Sweet Biscuits (AKA Shortbread Biscuits)
Say hello to your new favorite “dessert” biscuit! These sweet biscuits are best when paired with strawberry shortcake, butter, or jam!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 10 Servings 1x
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 stick butter
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 TSP salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set to the side.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut your butter into cubes and add into the flour mixture. Use a pastry fork (or your hands) to crumble the butter into the mixture until you have small, pea like size pieces.
- Add the heavy cream to the mix and combine using a wooden spoon. Do not over mix. You want to have a somewhat shaggy dough for these sweet biscuits.
- Using either a large cookie dough scoop or your hands, begin to form the biscuits. Don’t worry about making a perfect circle, these biscuits look best when they’re shaped freeform!
- Place each biscuit on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the sweet biscuits to cool on the baking sheet before serving! I highly recommend pairing these with butter and jam or strawberry shortcake.