If you have just a little bit of jam leftover and aren’t sure what to use it for (but don’t want to throw it away), why not make an easy jam cocktail?
Jam cocktails have been going viral for quite a bit of time and for good reason! They’re one of the easiest drinks to make (and they’re SO good).
Why you’ll love jam cocktails
Super customizable. You can literally use whatever kind of leftover jam you have. Between apricot jam, blackberry jam, cherry jam, peach jam, raspberry jam… I mean, the list could go on and on. Use your favorite jam in this cocktail and you’ll love it!
So many drink options. Swap the vodka with some rye whiskey for a completely different feel on these easy jam cocktails!
Easy to make. You don’t even need a cocktail shaker for this recipe! Add everything to your jam jar and shake.
To make this jam cocktail, you’ll need:
- Any fruit jam – I love using cherry jam or raspberry jam for these jam cocktails!
- Vodka – Any vodka will work! Vanilla vodka adds a bit more flavor to these jam cocktails, though 😉
- Simple syrup – Simple syrup is optional because jam has plenty of sugar in it already, but if you like your drinks on the sweeter side, adding just a touch of simple syrup will do the trick.
- Lemon juice – Freshly squeezed lemon juice (or lime juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice, etc) will boost the flavors in your jam cocktail! I try to pair which citrus would go best with the jam I leftover.
- Club soda – Any club soda will work – I used Topo Chico but La Croix is also a great choice.
- Ice – Optional but will keep your cocktail colder for longer.
That’s really all you need to make these viral jam cocktails! Of course, you can add some garnish to your glass too. A lemon twist, a sugar rim, a few cherries… whatever your heart desires.
How to make a jam cocktail
Before we start, wanted to quickly share a lil’ PSA… wait until you have barely any jam left in your jam jar. We’re talking you’re trying to scrape the sides of the jar but still can’t get enough jam for a sandwich. If you have too much jam left, the measurements of this jam cocktail will be off and won’t taste right.
With that out of the way, let’s talk about how you can make these easy jam cocktails in a pinch!
Add the vodka, simple syrup, and freshly squeezed lemon juice to the jam jar. Add the lid and tightly close, then shake.
Note: All jam based drinks should be shaken vigorously to evenly disperse the thick jam in the jar. You don’t want clumps of jam to not be incorporated into your cocktail!
Once the jam has come off the sides of the jar, strain over ice in your cocktail glass. I use a fine mesh strainer simply because I don’t want any seeds to fall through! Serve immediately and enjoy 🙂Print
How to Make a Jam Cocktail
Have you made these viral jam cocktails yet? If not, this is your sign to hop on the trend! They’re so easy to make, taste amazing, and require very few ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Leftover jam in jar
- 4 oz vodka
- 1.5 oz simple syrup
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- Club soda, to top off your drink
- Add the vodka, simple syrup, and freshly squeezed lemon juice to the jam jar. Add the lid and tightly close, then shake.
- Once the jam has come off the sides of the jar, strain over ice in your cocktail glass.
- Serve immediately and enjoy 🙂