Peanut butter and dark chocolate is one of the top tier flavor combinations out there (and no, you can’t change my mind).
These frozen chocolate covered peanut butter banana bites are loaded with creamy peanut butter and topped off with just enough melted chocolate. They’re easy to make, taste amazing, and are healthier than most frozen treats you’ll get during the summer!
Why you’ll love this recipe
They’re so easy to make. This is, for the most part, a pretty hands off recipe. You just need to peel, slice, dip, and freeze!
You save money making them! I’m not sure about you, but I can’t always justify buying a bag of frozen banana bites for $7 a pop. Especially when you could spend half the price on the ingredients needed to make them yourself!
They’re the perfect summer snack. When it’s super hot outside, all I want is a cold snack. These chocolate covered banana bites hit the spot every time.
To make these peanut butter chocolate covered banana bites, you’ll need:
- Bananas – You can’t make these chocolate peanut butter banana bites without bananas! I typically use two bananas for this recipe (and get about 28 banana slices in total).
- Dark chocolate – Feel free to use milk chocolate instead! One 4 oz bar of chocolate will work for all banana slices. Chocolate chips work well too!
- Peanut butter – For this recipe, I used creamy peanut butter! If you want a bit of crunch, feel free to use crunchy peanut butter (or just add some peanuts to the tops of your peanut butter banana bites)!
- Coconut Oil – The coconut oil helps set the dark chocolate exterior! It’s not needed, but I use it every time I make these frozen banana bites.
- Sea salt – While the salt is completely optional, I add it to the top of my frozen banana bites for a bit more flavor!
With five simple ingredients (and two of them being optional) I’m not sure if you’ll find an easier recipe!
PSA!!!! If you have a peanut allergy or just aren’t the biggest fan of peanut butter use something else! Almond butter, sunflower butter… whatever you like! Cookie butter is also a good choice.
How to make frozen chocolate peanut butter banana bites
First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel and slice the bananas, then melt some peanut butter and dip each banana slice into it. Add each peanut butter dipped banana to the baking sheet and once all of the banana slices have been dipped, place the baking sheet into the freezer to firm up.
Remove the banana slices from the freezer and in a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Dip each banana slice into the chocolate and place back onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process until each banana slice has been dipped in chocolate. If you plan on using some sea salt, this is where you’d want to add it!
Place the baking sheet in the freezer again. Once the banana bites are frozen, enjoy straight away or store them in an airtight container for up to two months in the freezer!
If you’d like, feel free to make a sort of banana peanut butter sandwich by using two banana slices instead of one! You can also dip the banana slices into the melted chocolate first and drizzle them with melted peanut butter.
Regardless of how you end up making these frozen chocolate banana bites, they’ll be amazing!
Frequently asked questions
Have a question that isn’t answered below? Feel free to leave a comment and I’ll do my best to answer it!
How long do these frozen banana bites last?
If stored correctly (in an airtight freezer safe bag), they can last for up to two months.
Do I have to use peanut butter?
Absolutely not! Almond butter (or really, any other type of nut butter) works just as well.
Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
These frozen chocolate covered peanut butter banana bites are perfect for hot summer days! With just five ingredients (and two of them optional) you won’t find an easier recipe!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Time Spent Freezing: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, melted
- 1 4oz chocolate bar, melted
- 1 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- Flaky sea salt *Optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set to the side.
- Peel and slice the bananas. Melt the peanut butter and dip each banana slice into it, making sure to cover the entire banana slice.
- Place the peanut butter covered banana slice onto the baking sheet and repeat until all are covered. Set the peanut butter banana slices in the freezer for about 20 minutes or until firm.
- Remove the banana slices from the freezer and in a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Dip each banana slice into the chocolate and place back onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process until each banana slice has been dipped in chocolate. Add optional sea salt to the tops of each chocolate covered banana slice, then place the baking sheet back in the freezer to firm up.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container for up to two months!
*Prep time includes slicing and dipping the bananas into both the peanut butter and chocolate!
** Freezing time includes time spent freezing after dipping in both peanut butter and chocolate!