If you’re looking for easy, delicious recipes to make for game day, look no further than these bite sized buffalo chicken wontons! They’re easy to make, can be made a few different ways, and you can top these off with whatever dressing you like (or, enjoy them plain).
Why you’ll love these buffalo chicken wontons
Perfect for game day. I don’t know about you, but I want to eat a little bit of everything on game day! These buffalo chicken wontons are small enough to not fill you up (though you very easily could).
SO easy to make. Mix all ingredients, pop into some wonton wrappers, and cook in the air fryer! Easy as pieeeee.
Crowd favorite. No I’m serious… if you bring these to any social event, they’ll be gone in minutes (if not seconds). No one will be able to resist these buffalo chicken wontons!!
To make these buffalo chicken wontons (AKA buffalo chicken rangoon), you’ll need…
- Rotisserie chicken – I’ll never sleep on a good rotisserie chicken. They’re convenient, most, and super delicious. However, you can use any shredded chicken you’d like (AKA make your own chicken breast with any spices you’d like and shred it once fully cooked).
- Buffalo sauce – Any buffalo sauce will work! I like mine to be super spicy but if you’re more into a mild buffalo sauce, use that instead. Also, you want buffalo sauce – not hot sauce!
- Cream cheese – Helps to cool those spicy flavors you’ll get from the buffalo sauce.
- Celery – This ingredient is super optional but when was the last time you had buffalo wings that weren’t served with celery?! Adding a bit of diced celery to the buffalo chicken filling just… makes sense.
- Chives – Sliced green onions work just as well! Adds a bit more flavor.
- Wonton wrappers – Can’t have buffalo chicken wontons without the wonton wrappers!! Can’t find them? Feel free to use egg roll wrappers instead.
- Water – Used to close the wonton wrappers.
- Olive oil – To get crispy buffalo chicken wontons, you’ll need a bit of olive oil spray or any nonstick cooking spray.
- Spices – I used salt, pepper, and garlic powder in my buffalo chicken wontons.
There are tons of other ingredients that you can add to these buffalo chicken wontons. Some cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, blue cheese dressing (or crumbled blue cheese), ranch dressing, parsley… you get the idea.
You could also use a premade buffalo chicken dip to make these buffalo chicken wontons!
How to make buffalo chicken wontons
First, prepare your veggies by dicing the celery and chives. Set to the side for now.
Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl along with the diced celery, chives, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and spices. Mix until fully incorporated.
Add one TBSP of the buffalo chicken mixture to the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush the edge of the wonton wrappers with a bit of water and fold the wonton wrapper in half. Pinch the edges together to seal the wontons and repeat with the remaining wontons.
Spray your air fryer with some olive oil and arrange the wontons inside without overcrowding the air fryer basket. Spray the top of them with a bit of olive oil and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 9 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with some blue cheese, ranch dressing, or some fresh parsley and enjoy!!
Note – You can also make buffalo chicken wonton cups instead of folding the wonton wrappers into a triangle!
Frequently asked questions
Can I make buffalo chicken wontons without an air fryer?
Of course!! Feel free to bake or fry these buffalo chicken wontons instead of using the air fryer.
Can I make these buffalo chicken wontons ahead of time?
You can assemble everything ahead of time and cook them later, sure!
I wouldn’t add the filling to the wonton wrappers until you’re ready to cook though (as they might dry out if you wait too long to make them).
How long do buffalo chicken wontons last?
These buffalo chicken wontons are best consumed and enjoyed immediately while they’re still crisp and golden brown. The exterior will become a bit soggy after a while.Print
Buffalo Chicken Wontons
These buffalo chicken wontons are a game changer! They’re super easy to make, come together in less than 20 minutes, and are a crowd favorite. Perfect for the Super Bowl or any party with friends.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 9 Minutes
- Total Time: 19 Minutes
- Yield: 20 Wontons 1x
- About 20 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 2 TBSP cream cheese
- 1 TBSP chives, diced
- 1 TSP each – salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Olive oil, to spray air fryer and tops of buffalo chicken wontons
- Water, for rimming the edges of the wonton wrappers
- Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl along with the diced celery, chives, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and spices. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add one TBSP of the buffalo chicken mixture to the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush the edge of the wonton wrappers with a bit of water and fold the wonton wrapper in half. Pinch the edges together to seal the wontons and repeat with the remaining wontons.
- Spray your air fryer with some olive oil and arrange the wontons inside without overcrowding the air fryer basket. Spray the top of them with a bit of olive oil and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with some blue cheese, ranch dressing, or some fresh parsley and enjoy!!