What do you get when you mix Harry Potter, butterbeer, and alcohol? Boozy butterbeer, of course!
I’m pretty sure we can all agree that Harry Potter’s favorite drink was butterbeer (and for good reason). It’s sweet, easy to make, and will make you feel like you’re in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter after one sip!
This adult butterbeer is one of my favorite fall/winter boozy drinks to make and soon, it’ll be one of your favorites too!
Why you’ll love this boozy butterbeer
Perfect for Harry Potter lovers! There are quite a few popular Harry Potter drinks out there, but butterbeer is one of the most popular (and delicious) drinks from the wizarding world of Harry Potter!
It’s magically delicious! This boozy butterbeer is loaded with flavor! From the vanilla vodka, butterscotch schnapps, cream soda, and more – you’ll be shocked at how delicious this boozy butterbeer is!
It’s nostalgic. Anyone who grew up reading Harry Potter will find this alcoholic butterbeer recipe nostalgic! IDK about you, but Harry Potter was a huge part of my childhood and drinking a boozy butterbeer while re-reading the Harry Potter books (or watching the movies) is incredibly comforting and nostalgic to me!
To make this Harry Potter themed boozy butterbeer, you’ll need:
- Butterscotch schnapps – All good butterbeer has a strong butterscotch flavor! Butterscotch schnapps is perfect for this.
- Vanilla vodka – Vanilla vodka pair so well with the butterscotch schnapps and adds more flavor to your boozy butterbeer! Feel free to sub with some vanilla extract instead.
- Cream soda – Any cream soda works! I used OliPop.
- Heavy whipping cream – Used for a bit of froth at the top – you can sub with some whipped cream if you’d like.
- Butter extract – Add a bit to your heavy whipping cream to add more flavor!
And that’s really it! However, you could sub the heavy whipping cream with some whipped cream or even vanilla ice cream. You can also add a bit of butterscotch syrup (AKA butterscotch sauce) to your glass. Or, add a bit of butterscotch flavoring to whipped cream and make a homemade butterscotch whipped cream!
Regardless of how you dress this boozy butterbeer recipe up, one thing’s for sure… you’ll absolutely love this alcoholic butterbeer recipe!
How to make boozy butterbeer
Add the butterscotch schnapps, vanilla vodka, and cream soda to a tall glass.
In a separate glass, add the heavy whipping cream and butter extract. Froth a milk frother until doubled in size and pour over your boozy butterbeer.
Top with some cinnamon, butterscotch syrup, or brown sugar and enjoy responsibly!
Note: You can skip the heavy whipping cream and butter extract by just using some whipped cream.
Frequently asked questions
What does butterbeer taste like?
This boozy butterbeer has a very rich cream soda/butterscotch taste. It’s a very sweet drink!
Do I need to use vanilla vodka?
You don’t – you can swap it with some vanilla extract if you’d like!
Can I make this Harry Potter butterbeer for a crowd?
Yes! If you’d like to make a pitcher of this boozy butterbeer, here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups butterscotch schnapps
- 1.5 cups vanilla vodka
- 4 liters cream soda
While we may not have gotten our Hogwarts letters, we can still party like we’re in the Hogs Head Inn with this boozy butterbeer!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving 1x
For the boozy butterbeer:
- 1.5 oz butterscotch schnapps
- 1 oz vanilla vodka
- 1 can cream soda
For the whipped topping:
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 TSP butter extract
- Add the butterscotch schnapps, vanilla vodka, and cream soda to a tall glass.
- In a separate glass, add the heavy whipping cream and butter extract. Froth a milk frother until doubled in size and pour over your boozy butterbeer.
- Top with some cinnamon, butterscotch syrup, or brown sugar and enjoy responsibly!
Feel free to skip the heavy whipping cream + butter extract topping by just using whipped cream!