Asparagus is tasty on its own, but when you add bacon to the mix? You get an incredibly simple (yet elevated) appetizer that anyone will love!
I make this bacon wrapped asparagus in the oven and I’ve found that it’s one of the best and easiest ways to serve up this dish. Can’t wait for you to try it for yourself!
Why you’ll love this bacon wrapped asparagus recipe
Quick (and easy) to make. Wash, trim, and wrap the asparagus bundles in bacon then bake! Couldn’t be any easier.
You only need two ingredients. Asparagus, bacon… that’s sort of all you need! I add in a few seasonings and a light drizzle of olive oil but it’s not necessary at all!
Perfect appetizer for a crowd. These bacon wrapped asparagus spears are individually wrapped and, because they’re so easy to make, you can double the recipe without adding too much time at all! They’re the best grab and go snack around.
To make bacon wrapped asparagus, you’ll need:
- Asparagus – You can’t make asparagus wrapped in bacon without some fresh asparagus spears! If you’re making this recipe for a crowd, I’d pick up a few extra asparagus bundles.
- Bacon – Similar to the asparagus, you can’t make this recipe without some thin bacon slices! I wouldn’t recommend thick bacon slices as they won’t crisp up as well.
- Olive oil – A bit of olive oil on the baking sheet helps the bacon wrapped asparagus bundles not stick as much!
- Seasonings – For these bacon wrapped asparagus spears I used garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper!
- Balsamic vinegar – Feel free to serve bacon wrapped asparagus with a bit of balsamic vinegar – it adds so much flavor!
That’s all you’ll need to cook bacon wrapped asparagus! Super easy and minimal ingredients = one of your new favorite side dishes! You can also rub the bacon wrapped asparagus with a bit of honey or maple syrup before cooking!
If you’d like, you can top your bacon wrapped asparagus with a touch of parmesan cheese once they’re cooked through.
How to make bacon wrapped asparagus
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly drizzle some olive oil on a baking sheet. Set to the side and prep your asparagus spears.
Trim the pale green/white ends off of the asparagus then wash and dry well. Place your asparagus in bundles of 4, then wrap the bacon up the stalks of the asparagus.
Place the bacon wrapped asparagus on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
Drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar on the bacon wrapped asparagus and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
Can I add more flavor to my bacon wrapped asparagus?
Of course! Feel free to try out any of these flavor variations for your bacon wrapped asparagus:
- Add red pepper flakes or some chili powder for spice.
- Add a bit of brown sugar to your crispy bacon for a sweeter treat.
- Add some fun seasonings to your bacon asparagus bundles (like ranch, everything but the bagel, etc.)
… or, come up with your own flavor variations!
How long should I store my bacon wrapped asparagus bundles?
Feel free to store your leftover bacon wrapped asparagus in an airtight container for up to three days in the fridge.
I do not recommend freezing bacon wrapped asparagus, the texture will change drastically and will not taste the same.
Why is my asparagus mushy?
If your asparagus is mushy before cooking, it’s because it’s old. You should not use this asparagus!
If your asparagus is mushy after cooking, you may have overcooked your bacon wrapped asparagus bundles. Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do to save it at this point.Print
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
If you’re after a savory recipe, these bacon wrapped asparagus bundles are for you. They’re easy to make and incredibly flavorful!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 10 Pieces 1x
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 10 pieces bacon
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar, optional
- 1 TSP garlic powder + onion powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly drizzle some olive oil on a baking sheet. Set to the side and prep your asparagus spears.
- Trim the pale green/white ends off of the asparagus then wash and dry well. Place your asparagus in bundles of 4, then wrap the bacon up the stalks of the asparagus.
- Place the bacon wrapped asparagus on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar on the bacon wrapped asparagus and enjoy!